Goodness Reigns

We're all moms, so we want to use this space to talk about all the things that take us up, down, and all around. From sleepless nights to all the "awwww!!!" moments that melt our hearts.

So I'm just going to go ahead and jump in!


Goodness Reigns

My 3-year-old son is lately into picking flowers for me. And when he brings them to me, he takes one careful step at a time. Like a serious little flower boy, afraid of crushing the flowers in his hands that he can't completely control yet. And when he gets to me, he looks at me with unusually quiet eyes for a boy who usual sparkles, and urges me to take it, "Mama, I got it for you." He looks at me like he's saying, "This time, I'm taking care of you." And my heart, head - everything - just bursts and melts - all at the same time.

At first, I'm caught off guard because I've been in the mom-giving mode - like I'm holding up the world of all my little people. And the breath that's been keeping me upright exhales quickly out of me. I rest in the joy of having my happiness held in his little hands for that little moment.

I also hear the birds chirping a little louder and see colors that look a little brighter because all is well with the world. If a little boy could spontaneously decide to bear the weight of someone else's happiness on his little shoulders, then goodness still reigns, and it's not all on us to get it right.

They play their beautiful part too.

Comments

Popular Posts