Baby girl wins Super Bowl LII



As we all celebrated the victory of the Eagles (because who doesn’t love an underdog victory?), I couldn’t help but smile watching Nick Foles hold up his baby girl on the podium because it was another reminder that it’s still all about family.

If I had won the Super Bowl, I would be up there with my boys in my arms too! I’d want them to be a part of the excitement. I’d want them to know it’s all for them. And deep inside, I confess, I’d want them to know that I’m actually awesome too. I may not make the best jokes. I may not be a real live superhero. I may not be able to read their mind. But check out what I did!!!

At the end of the day, no matter how high we rise, no matter how much confetti and praise is showered on us, we’re all just parents. We want to make our kids proud. We want to make their eyes sparkle. We want to share our best moments with them.

So who was the winner of the Super Bowl at the end of the day? The baby girl who gets to know – for the rest of her life – that when her father became a hero and had the world at his feet, he chose to be a dad. He chose her.

Comments

Popular Posts